[Mailman-Users] Automated moderation

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 21 21:25:06 CET 2008

Richard Smits wrote:

>Every day we do an import and a member_sync for a couple of lists.
>
># Postings from any of these non-members will be automatically accepted
># with no further moderation applied.  Add member addresses one per
># line; start the line with a ^ character to designate a regular
># expression match.
>accept_these_nonmembers =
>
>We have lists where people has to mail to, and which they are a member
>of. So the [Privacy-options, accept_these_non_members] do not work....,
>because they are a member....
>You have to uncheck the moderate square in the member list.
>
>My question is : can we have 1 list of addresses which can mail to the
>list. Now we have to make an exception for the people who are a member
>of the list.
>
>(We are doing an automated script import etc... so this is an issue for us)

I think the issue is you are not doing bin/sync_members to do the
import. If you use bin/sync_members, those people who are already
members will not have their moderation flag changed by the import.
This does require that sync_members be given the full membership list
each time, but if I understand correctly, that's what you're doing
anyway.

I don't know what your script process is, but neither sync_members or
add_members will change anything for an address which is already a
member.

If I'm not understanding the situation, please clarify.