[Mailman-Users] Digest new bug

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 22 18:56:04 CET 2008

Una Smith wrote:

>I run a list using Mailman 2.1.9;  I am only the listadmin, not the site
>admin.  I have configured the list so that subscribers who choose the
>digest option get one or more daily digests if there are any posts that
>day.  On or about December 16th, the digest subscribers stopped getting
>any digests at all.  Exception:  if I use send_digest_now, they get a
>digest.  The digest volume number increments each month.  I used
>send_digest_now in the middle of February and the result was volume X
>issue 1;  it should have been more like issue 10.  This tells me the
>problem is in Mailman.

I suspect the problem is one of two things. Either Digest options ->
digest_send_periodic is set to No or Mailman's cron/senddigests is not
being run by cron.

I suspect that on or about December 16th, either someone changed the
list's digest_send_periodic setting or changed Mailman's crontab or
for some reason, the system's crond stopped running.