[Mailman-Users] Delete message in large mbox

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Feb 23 21:17:43 CET 2008

On 2/23/08, Odieresis [Gmail] wrote:

>  Now I have a large mbox of MB 200.

That's not a large mbox.  A large mbox is 2GB, especially on a system
where the OS is not configured to support "large files", and 2GB is
the largest file size it can handle.  Oh, and the machine has only
2GB of RAM.

>                                      Can you tell me how I can handle such
>  a file direct in shell access or downloading and uploading it?

If you've got the necessary write access to the file, it doesn't
matter if you edit the file in-place using tools like emacs or vim,
or if you download the file to your local machine and edit it there
with a similar program and then re-upload.

Either way, you're going to need an editor that can handle lines of
arbitrary length, and binary content.  Relatively few editors handle
either or both of those things correctly.