[Mailman-Users] Mailman Security & privacy needed examples are given below

jithender reddy linuxswan at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 13:00:00 CEST 2008

Hello Mailman community

We are using the Mailman in our office, for our internal purpose only. Which is meant for privacy to the office also.

where
as one day i find that same as ours i.e mailman archieve it is showing
entire mails to the outside people. If they are downloading all the
archieves and seeing them will break our privacy this came to my
existance after 2 years of time. I dont know how may are doing this.
And we are very much afraid of this.

for example same iam showing the link here

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/

By
seeing the above link what i understood is All the groups and members
are known to others, then how i can achieve the privacy using this
mailman. This is usefull for open community by seeing the mails
interchanging the knowledge. For offices like us can we achieve the
privacy. Even the attachments in the mails are also visible to others
and sometimes the mails are consisting the Passwords also.

So if any one know the solution for this let me know so that we can get full benifit of this.

with regards
linuxswan