[Mailman-Users] Mailman Security & privacy needed examples aregiven below

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jul 12 17:32:46 CEST 2008

jithender reddy wrote:

>where
>as one day i find that same as ours i.e mailman archieve it is showing
>entire mails to the outside people. If they are downloading all the
>archieves and seeing them will break our privacy this came to my
>existance after 2 years of time. I dont know how may are doing this.
>And we are very much afraid of this.
>
>for example same iam showing the link here
>
>http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/

If you set archive_private to "private" on the lists "Archiving
Options" page in the admin web interface, the archive will only be
available to list members who log in with their list pasword. The
archive links will be of the form
<http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/mailman-developers/>, and the
'pipermail' links won't work.