[Mailman-Users] Archive without attachments?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 11 01:32:26 CET 2008

Francesco Peeters wrote:

>I just rebuilt one of my lists' archive as ArchRunner was stuck and
>didn't archive messages again (apparently since Jan 19th! <G>)
>After running arch --wipe, I restarted ArchRunner, which is now working
>to catch up... (14000 messages to go!)

I'm confused. I don't know why you ran bin/arch --wipe, and do you
really have over 14000 new messages since Jan 19th?

>The lists allows attachments, but I really do not need those archived...
>Is there a way to make the Archiver qrunner archive the emails *without*
>the attachments? (It seems to me that that would also speed up the
>process, but that is just a gut feeling!)

No. There is really no way to not archive attachments that are allowed
on the list. If you set scrub_nondigest = Yes, the attachments will be
stored in the archive as the incoming message is processed and only
links will be in the delivered messages and the messages in the
archive queue, but it's too late for that in this case.

>I tried Googling, but it comes up with a gazillion sites whose archives
>have been scanned by Google, so there is virtually no way to sensibly
>search for mailman related issues on Google...

Sure there is. Just put site:mail.python.org and inurl:mailman (or
mailman-users) in addition to your other search criteria. Also see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.018.htp>.