[Mailman-Users] word "bounces" in from address

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Mar 18 10:33:58 CET 2008

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:20:41 -0400
"Nick L" <nick at firstinjax.com> wrote:

> I know that there is a workaround to remove the word 'bounces" in the from
> heading. When you have hosting with some companies that use virtual hosting
> plans, you cannot hack the file necessary to remove this, is there another
> way to do the following?
> The way it is:
>
> Email comes in from the list and shows   [listname-bounces at listdomain.com]
> on behalf of member...
>
> The way it would be nice if it was:
>
> [listname at listdomain.com] as the from, or even with the on behalf of, just
> not the word "bounces" in the address.

If i understand you correctly, you want the envelope-from
to be the same as the list adress? This wont work as the
envelope-from has to be different so that mailman can
distinguish bounces from regular mails. Also this should
never be a problem as the only place where people see
the envelope-from is in the headers and unless you have
a broken mail client (outlook comes to mind), you'll never
see this field.

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred