[Mailman-Users] merging 2 mbox files

Mark Heer MHeer at lbl.gov
Fri Mar 21 23:22:27 CET 2008

Hello,

We are moving from majordomo to mailan.  We use 2 mail hubs to handle mail service so mail can be handled by either machine which means some archive entries for a particular list will end up on mx1 and other posts may end up in the archives on mx2.  I need to combine the archives into 1 for display on our web archive - which is on yet another machine
running mailman but not the mx functions.  I attempted /bin/arch --wipe listname but it did not re-order the list by time sent/proper sequence., it just reproduced the file just as I had concatenated it. Is there a way to merge 2 same list mboxes into 1 properly sequenced mbox?

Thanks,

Mark