[Mailman-Users] misleading description

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 2 21:23:39 CEST 2008

Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

>I wonder if it is possible to change a description which appears on
>options page when you try to unsubscribe. Suppose you enter your email
>address at the general list information page. Then the options page gets
>displayed and you click the Unsubscribe button. There appears a message:
>
>The confirmation email has been sent.

This message only appears for a non-member if the roster is non-public
(available only to the admin or to list members). With a public
roster, the message is 'No such member: user at example.com'.

With a non-public roster, the message must be the same whether or not
the address is a list member. Otherwise, this could be used to probe
for list membership information.

Granted the message could be changed from "The confirmation email has
been sent." to something like "The confirmation email has been sent if
user at example.com is a list member." Do you think this would help?