[Mailman-Users] Join List Problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 6 01:01:21 CEST 2008

Bill Honneus

>When I send an email to test-join at my.domain.com,
>I get the following returned email error:

The first question is how many scripts/ directories you have? Judjing
from the path to the wrapper, there should be a
/usr/local/mailman/scripts/ and that's it. Check that this is the case.

Also check that you have /usr/local/mailman/lists/test/ and that it
contains a config.pck file.

Also look at /usr/local/mailman/scripts/paths.py. It should have

prefix = '/usr/local/mailman'

>I don't understand why it says it can't find the "test" list as my
>apache server finds it just fine via the web browser, and I see the
>"test" appear in the "lists" folder underneath /usr/local/mailman.

Sendmail is invoking the wrapper at /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman,
and it is invoking some scripts/join script, but the paths.py in that
scripts/ directory doesn't have the appropriate prefix.

Since the web interface works and normally invokes the scripts/driver
script from the same scripts/ directory, I have to think that the mail
wrapper was compiled with a different 'prefix' and is pointing at a
different scripts/ directory.