[Mailman-Users] custom mime precedence?

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Sat May 24 22:02:01 CEST 2008

On 24-May-08, at 8:23 AM, andReadG wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> This is the situation: attachments are stripped
> (which is as I intended), but many messages
> come in as multipart, with 1st part as text/plain
> and second one as text/html. The senders, intended
> to send the 2nd one (formatted to draw attention
> in specific parts), but, being treated as
> attachment, stays at the server.
>
> Is there a way around? I mean extract and keep
> all non-text attachments for http download,
> but exclude text/html and let it through along
> with the plain text, or be preferred over it?

What does your pass_mime_types look like for this list?  If you tell
it to let text/html through, as well as text/plain, people will get
the double messages the way they were sent, but most mail clients
handle that gracefully the way the sender intended.

You want something that looks like this:
multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
text/plain
text/html