[Mailman-Users] How to make unsubscribe==ban ???

Katy Eggering katy at by-design.net
Tue May 27 19:57:03 CEST 2008

I've looked in the archives but didn't find anything about my
situation.  I have a customer that is implementing a mailing list for
those that subscribe to their service.  They plan to import the member
list from their database and do a mass subscribe.   Each mailing sent
out will include unsubscribe info.  When the user sends an "unsubscribe"
message, we need to make sure that they aren't resubscribed with the
next database/user sync.  It looks like we can accomplish this by adding
that user to the ban list.  (I know in older versions a subscribe by the
admin overruled the ban list, but not any more.)  So my question is how
to get the unsubscribed user into the list of banned users.  I haven't
found a command line version of ban.  Does one exist?

Other suggestions welcome.

Thanks.
Katy

--