[Mailman-Users] so how can I test a modified gate_news?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Nov 21 06:06:59 CET 2008

I've got this gate_news script modified to run SpamBayes but I'm unsure how
I can test it.  I'm fairly confident that I got most things right, but the
only news-to-mail gateway I have access to is for comp.lang.python, not one
I'd care to hose up too badly.

It occurs to me that maybe I could set up a one-way gateway from some
arbitrary low-traffic newsgroup to a one-off mailing list.  I haven't any
experience setting up gate_news.  Can someone here suggest a recipe for
testing this beast which doesn't require too much scaffolding?

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://smontanaro.dyndns.org/