[Mailman-Users] list members not recognized

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Oct 4 17:55:15 CEST 2008

Bob Lydiate wrote:
>I am having some problems sending mail to my lists. I am running
>Ubuntu+Postfix+Mailman. The problem occurs when I am sending mail from other
>locations (and others have reported this as well), the mail comes back as
>"User not found" or "No such user". I know the user addresses are there and
>are not "moderated", but the mail from them gets rejected. I do not use
>mailman with virtual domains, so that is not the problem. I have been trying
>to fix this problem for a year (whenever it occurs) but have not been able
>to find anyone with a similar problem to help. Anyone here able to give a

Please be more specific about what actually is done and what actually
happens. Include a copy of the reject notice.

I can't tell from the above if it is your original post to the list
that is rejected before delivery to Mailman or if it is a message from
Mailman to a list member that is rejected. If it is the former, it is
some misconfiguration in Postfix such that Postfix will only deliver
mail to Mailman's aliases if mail originates locally.