[Mailman-Users] Mail are not going out from mailman...

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Oct 13 17:25:55 CEST 2008

Nitin Bhadauria wrote:

> SMTP_MAX_RCPTS is not working for me because i got more then 2000
> thousand mail id's from same domain and if i go for that option mails
> will stuck . If i don't configure the option i am getting errors in mailq :

Setting SMTP_MAX_RCPTS is basically what you need to adequately communicate
with your local MTA.

Your local MTA should be handling whatever is required to split envelopes
into smaller chunks, if that is what the remote MTA is requiring.  If the
remote MTA is throttling you based on the total number of recipients in a
unit of time (and not the number of messages), then your local MTA should
also be handling appropriate retransmissions to get your traffic through at
a later time.

If your local MTA is not doing this for you, then you might want to look at
changing the configuration of your MTA, or maybe getting a different one.