[Mailman-Users] Debugging question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 1 16:54:33 CEST 2009

Whit Blauvelt wrote:

>Okay, after an old Gentoo server died that was running mailman happily for
>years with sendmail, I rebuilt things on Ubuntu using a stock postfix with a
>custom-compiled mailman. The web interface all looks fine - the lists and
>their users are there - and the aliases are in place. But mail coming in
>disappears without an error message to tell me why. For instance:
>
>Mar 31 10:37:13 green postfix/local[28766]: 4E92B17FBEA: to=<xyz-announce at mm.xyz.org>, relay=local, delay=0.45,
>delays=0.02/0.02/0/0.4, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /web/mailman/mail/mailman post xyz-announce)
>
>Nothing happens further. No error message shows in any system log.
>
>Now, obviously I've set up something wrong. But how do I get some useful
>debugging messages so I can get properly clued here?

Have you started Mailman (bin/mailmanctl start)?

The above log entry says the mail was successfully delivered to the
mail wrapper, and in the absence of an error reported back to postfix,
was placed in Mailman's qfiles/in queue. Is it still there? Is there
anything in Mailman's error or other logs?

See <http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9>.