[Mailman-Users] Can't change host name preference

Mike Flaherty flatts1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 06:23:01 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to set up Mailman on a new domain.  I have done it in the past without issue, but now I have a really bizzare problem.

When I go to the "MYLIST mailing list administration General Options Section" page, I notice the following entry preloaded in the "Host name this list prefers for email" field...

syd.xobas.net

I have NO IDEA where this is coming from.  It is not my domain, so I replace it with my own.

However, when I click the "Submit your changes" button, it goes to an invalid page.  When I try again, I notice that when I hover over the button, the URL that it translates to incorporates that "syd.xobas.net" domain into the URL.

I looked all over my server (a vps running CentOS 5) for where that entry might be coming from.  I did find an occurance of it in

/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/MYLIST/index.html

and

/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/mailman/index.html

But I don't know how it got there.  Where is the proper place to replace that domain with my own?

Thanks Much,
Mike