[Mailman-Users] strange problem mailman 2.1.10

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 17 18:56:19 CEST 2009

Radim Roska, IAESTE CVUT wrote:

>I've got strange problem. It looks mailman does not send mails to all
>list members.
>
>My mailman is 2.1.10 with modinc-2.1.9-0.1.patch and
>mhonarc-2.1.9-0.1.patch
>patches...
>
># list_members mail-list | wc -l
>
>45

And what do you get from

# list_members --regular --nomail=enabled mail-list | wc -l

>log in mailman:
>
>Apr 17 00:46:18 2009 (5109) <49E7B53F.8050501 at domain.tld> smtp to
>mail-list for 43 recips, completed in 0.081 seconds

If the number of regular members with delivery enabled (at the time of
the post) is > 43, the reasons for non-delivery to a member could be

- The poster has selected the option to not receive her own posts.

- One or more list members was directly addressed in the To: or Cc: of
  the post and has selected the option to not receive duplicates from
  the list.