[Mailman-Users] mail to non-existing list

Jeff Bernier jbernier at risd.edu
Fri Apr 24 16:22:03 CEST 2009

Hello all,
If someone posts a message to a list that does not exist in my Mailman system, the message goes to the pending moderator requests queue, and the sender gets a notice indicating their message is being held for moderator approval with the reason: "Message has implicit destination"
My questions are... Why is it being held if the list does not exist? Can I alter the behavior of Mailman to discard the message instead?