[Mailman-Users] disable bounce processing not working

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Apr 25 06:58:04 CEST 2009

Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

>I have a list and I set the option to disable bounce processing, the list
>admin wants to take care of bounces and removals on his own.

He's not going to see the bounces, so how's he going to do that?

>However he's still getting addresses removed from the list automatically
>by mailman.
>
>Is there something else I need to set to make sure mailman doesn't do any
>automatic removals?

If the list's bounce_processing is set to No, no further processing of
bounces will be done for that list, but members whose delivery has
already been disabled by bounce processing will continue to get their
periodic notices sent and will be removed after exhausting notices
unless their delivery is manually re-enabled by the user or the admin
in the interim.