[Mailman-Users] STUPID USERS

Charles Gregory cgregory at hwcn.org
Wed Aug 5 23:25:19 CEST 2009

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Robert Fishel wrote:
> I am subscribed to countless lists over 6 organizations that use
> mailman one of which I run, there is no way I would want to receive a
> reminder from each list, it's painful enough now for each
> organization.

(nod) Perhaps a dash of intelligence in the notice generator, such that if
a person is only on one list, they get the mail 'from' their list owner,
but from the previously suggested 'trap' address if on more than one list?
Cuz really, if you are on more than one list, you've woken up to the fact
that you are managing multiple lists, and have to *think* about how to do
that. This problem (should) only exists for users who think of our lists
as being 'only' the one to which they have subscribed....

- Charles