[Mailman-Users] Unsubscribe link on msg_footer

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 17 17:19:56 CET 2009

Andrea Cappelli wrote:

>I try to do this adding in msg_footer the following
>Unsubscribe: %(user_optionsurl)s?password=%(user_password)s&unsub=1&unsubconfirm=1
>
>but Mailman (2.1.11 on Debian Lenny) said me that I can't use
>user_optionsutl in this variable
>
>There is any other way to do this?

Steff Watkins has already replied as to why this is a bad idea.

As to why it doesn't work, the %(user_optionsurl)s and
%(user_password)s replacements are only available if the list's
Non-digest options -> personalize setting is "Yes" or "Full
Personalization". If the personalize setting doesn't appear on the
Non-digest options page, the installation has to add
OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes to mm_cfg.py to enable it.

But as Steff says, don't do it. Just use

Unsubscribe: %(user_optionsurl)s

or without personalization

Unsubscribe: %(web_page_url)soptions/%(list_name)s