[Mailman-Users] Email command in Mailman to get by e-mail a message (like ezmlm has)

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Fri Jul 31 18:04:58 CEST 2009

I think this is my post to the Mailman Users mailing list. Hi everyone!  :)

I supposed this would be a FAQ, but I can't find it in Mailman's web
site. My question is:

"Is there any email command (or other way) that allows you to be
e-mailed a past message (or messages) that was sent to a Mailman
managed mailing list?"

Browsing the Mailman list archives, I could only find a reference from
September 2002 (almost 7 years ago!) from a user (Fernan Aguero)
asking the same thing, but not getting a reply:

[Mailman-Users] add to whishlist?

I know that ezmlm has a "-get" command for doing this:

EZMAN-0.32: ezmlm Commands

>From that page:

    Get a message or range of messages from the archive. Without
argument it returns the messages since the latest digest. To retrieve
a range of messages, use list-get.123_234 at host(*). At most 100
messages are returned. Without ezmlm-idx, individual messages can
still be retrieved by sending mail to list-get.123 at host.

By reading the list of Mailman commands available in the following web
page, it seems that Mailman (still) hasn't a command for doing that:

Can I use email commands to interact with the Mailman server?

Am I right? Is there some reason for not including this "get" message
functionality in Mailman?

Thanks in advance!  :)

Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net