[Mailman-Users] Email command in Mailman to get by e-mail a message(like ezmlm has)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 31 18:48:33 CEST 2009

Ricardo Dias Marques wrote:

>I supposed this would be a FAQ, but I can't find it in Mailman's web
>site. My question is:
>
>"Is there any email command (or other way) that allows you to be
>e-mailed a past message (or messages) that was sent to a Mailman
>managed mailing list?"

No. There are no email commands for retrieving archived messages.

The pipermail web archive has periodic pseudo-mailbox (.txt and/or
.txt.gz) files and there is normally a global archive mailbox in the
file archives/private/LIST.mbox/LIST.mbox that may be linked from the
archive table of contents and can normally be retrieved via a URL like
<http://www.example.com/mailman/private/LIST.mbox/LIST.mbox>, but
there is no mechanism to retrieve messages from the archive via email
commends.