[Mailman-Users] check_perms does not fix permissions

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon May 25 17:04:39 CEST 2009

admin2 wrote:

>okay I am running check_perms with the -f switch and find that the same
>Problems occur over and over.  Why are they not getting fixed?  I am
>running check_perms as root.
>

>Problems found: 1283
>Re-run as list (or root) with -f flag to fix

The most likely explanation is there are directories in Mailman's tree
that are symlinks. check_perms looks at the permissions of the link
itself (generally rwxrwxrwx) and complain's about those. Then when it
tries to fix them, it is the permissions of the target that are
changed, and the link still has the permissions check_perms doesn't
like.