[Mailman-Users] admin link wrong when migrating to new server

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 28 23:11:14 CEST 2009

admin2 wrote:

>so if I place the URL  http://lists.domain.com
>
>then I click the "the list admin overview page" and get sent to the
>wrong link that results in a page not found error:
>http://lists.domain.com/cgi-bin/mailman/admin
>
>when the link should be:
>http://lists.domain.com/mailman/admin

The scenario you describe indicates you may have

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/cgi-bin/'

in mm_cfg.py. Make sure that this is defined as

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

in Defaults.py and not overridden in mm_cfg.py (or just put the latter
definition in mm_cfg.py).

If you also have problems with links on the list's admin pages, you
will need to fix the individual lists with fix_url after correcting
the configuration. See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9>.