[Mailman-Users] regexp help

Savoy, Jim savoy at uleth.ca
Tue Nov 3 01:05:07 CET 2009

>Depending on the options set in vi, it can do horrible things to
indentation when you paste things in :(

I just looked at your original posting (using Outlook) and line 3 is
not indented, but rather continuous from line 2, and the other indents
are in columns 5 and 9 (not 4 and 8). I shall try viewing it with other
mail clients, just for kicks.

But now that I know that whitespace is critical in Python, I will be
more
careful.

>Python is not at all like Fortran, In Fortran (at least through Fortran
IV - I never did much with Fortran 77 and nothing beyond that) white
space except for line endings is totally insignificant. True, you have
some formatting restrictions like positions 1 - 5 for statement numbers,
6 for continuation and 7 - 72 for statements (although some compilers
relaxed these), but consider that the compiler's parser/tokenizer
doesn't know whether

I was loosely referring to Fortran reserving certain columns for certain
things. I barely remember it at all (that was back in my pre-Commodore64
(PEEKin' and POKEin' anyone?), punched-hole card days).

 - jim -