[Mailman-Users] regexp help

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Nov 4 00:40:17 CET 2009

Savoy, Jim wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>>Did you put 'Foo' back in the GLOBAL_PIPELINE prior to 'Moderate' and
>restart Mailman?
>
>I did.
>
>>What happens when you mail to test.account? Is the mail rejected by
>Mailman? Does the To: header in the mail in the reject notice contain
>'test.account'?
>
>Yes, it is rejected. And the To: header does not come from test.account
>but rather from the actual sender.

That would be the To: header of the reject notice.

>Inside of what looks like an Exchange
>attachment, I can see the full original message, with the To: header
>displaying test.account. So it looks like the Exchange server may be
>wrapping up the original message and obscuring the headers.

Mailman sends a multipart/mixed message with two parts - a text/plain
part containing the reject reason and a message/rfc822 part containing
the post as received by Mailman. It is the message in this
message/rfc822 part that is what Mailman saw. If that is not the
original post, but somehow got wrapped by Exchange in the forwarding
process, you'll have to take that into account.