[Mailman-Users] Feature request: Emergency Broadcast

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Mon Nov 23 07:24:35 CET 2009

LuKreme wrote:
> On 22-Nov-2009, at 17:14, Gadi Evron wrote:
>> Brad, crappy providers aside, do you think this might be a useful feature?
>
> It could be useful in a very narrow set of circumstances. the question is, is it worth putting resources into such a feature for those very few times this would be useful?
>
> My sense is that getting the list of users and sending a Bcc to them is a workable solution, but I'm not tied to that position.

I'm going to go with "useful, but not useful enough to put major
resources into implementing"

Maybe a nice in-between solution would be making sure the
FAQ/Documentation had an entry saying "if you need to get an emergency
message out and Mailman is not working, here's how to get the whole
subscriber list and send a Bcc'ed mail"  Anyone want to volunteer to
stick that in the wiki so people can find it in the future?

(Or just write up a quick definition and email me, and I can stick it in
the wiki in the appropriate place.)

  Terri