[Mailman-Users] Revisit to moderator aliases

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 24 01:53:35 CET 2009

LuKreme wrote:

>I THINK that the "No" really means that it is not possible.

Not without modifying the source code.

>The Digest messages are sent out as multi-part mime messages. Each message in the digest is a separate mime part. The text of the actual message is the thing that appears to be a 'header' to your and your user, but it is not the header, it is the body of the message.

This is true of the MIME format digests, but list members can chose a
plain text digest which is a single text/plain part containing the
masthead, the table of contents and the (scrubbed) messages, and which
in a default installation with default list settings is the default
digest format.

>What I would recommend is making sure your client understands the mime digest format and can properly 'explode' it into individual messages. This way you never have to worry about the 'header'

And list owners and other list members would never have to deal with
posts with Subject: Re: listname Digest, Vol nn, Issue nn and bodies
consisting of "Yeah, me too" followed by a quote of the entire digest.

</rant>