[Mailman-Users] expost user list as csv

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Oct 21 11:28:47 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:08:42AM +0200, Svante Tidholm wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been using a shell script to compile a list of all subscribers on
> a list for our intranet at a site I'm taking care of. This is done
> with the mailman-subscribers.py script and some smart commands that
> parse the csv file in different ways.
>
> I run this as a cron script hourly on the server so that the
> subscriber list is updated. Then suddenly I realized this is weird way
> to do it, it must be smarter to use the list_member command in bin/,
> but I can't get a nicely formatted CSV file as with mailman-
> subscribers.py.

could you define 'nicely formatted'?

Is the formatting something that Data::Table (or its Python equiv?)
could be used for, or perhaps tr(1), awk, or sed could 'handle'?

(I've not used Mark's mailman-subscribers.py; I'd have included a few
sample out-put lines, for those not au fait with it (and too lazy to
fetch/review/run it)).

--
``Sir Humphrey: The ship of state, Bernard, is the only ship
  that leaks from the top.