[Mailman-Users] regexp help

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Thu Oct 22 01:05:08 CEST 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, Savoy, Jim wrote:

> Yep - I could do that. Have exim rewrite the headers before it sends out
> the message, but the people on the mailing list do want to know who the
> email originally came from. They just don't want everyone to have access
> to their mailing list, just this one account (an inquiries-type of
> account).

Ok, maybe I'm missing the point here.  couldn't you just allow all
non-member postings and manually approve subscriptions?  Define the
address as an alternate name for the list if you really don't want to give
out the list address.

On one site I administer, we've converted our simple Email forwarder
public Email address to a mailing list, with the project managers as the
ownly subscribers.  Apart from the odd bit of fun we have with Reply-to,
it works pretty well.  It helps to fascilitate discussion between the
managers and encourages managers to copy everyone else on messages sent
back to people outside the project.

Geoff.