[Mailman-Users] domain regex and template for the lists?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 4 16:29:08 CEST 2009

Andrei wrote:

>Two quick questions:
>
>Is it possible to copy list preferences from one list to another?

Use bin/config_list -o to write the settings from one list to a file,
edit out the list specific settings which don't apply to the other
list. Some candidates are real_name, owner, moderator, description,
info and subject_prefix. Then use bin/config_list -i to apply the
remaining settings to the other list.

>Is it possible to create a regex in mailman that would accept emails
>from all domain members even if they are not members of a list?
>For example, I have complains at lists.host.com list with three members.
>I would like users from host.com and lists.host.com (only) to be able
>to send this list

If you really want just those two, put in accept_these_nonmembers

^.*@(lists\.)?host\.com$

or you could put both

^.*@lists\.host\.com$
^.*@host\.com$

If you want host.com and all subdomains, use

^.*[@.]host\.com$