[Mailman-Users] combining 2 mailman servers into 1 - how to mergealiases & aliases.db

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 11 16:56:00 CEST 2009

John Adamski wrote:

>My question is how do I get the aliases & aliases.db files on the server I'm migrating all lists to, so it reflects all the lists.  Is it as simple as running bin/genaliases or do I have to manually update the aliases file then somehow regen the aliases.db?

Once you have moved the lists, bin/genaliases should generate aliases
for all lists. You may have to first run bin/fix_url after moving the
lists if the domain name for the lists is changing.

If this is Postfix with automated alias maintenance, once you get the
lists properly migrated to the new server, bin/genaliases will do
everything.