[Mailman-Users] Constant moderation required when user sends to list + CCs

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Sep 15 18:02:33 CEST 2009

I've got a list set up for a group of people. One of the users often
sends an email to the list and adds carbon copy recipients of
non-members along with the email. The list is on one mail server and the
CCed recipients go to another mail server. I see in the maillogs of the
SMTP server she uses that the email is in fact split properly in that
the email to the list is sent separately to the list server and the CCed
recipients are sent to the proper server for delivery. These messages
always require moderation due to the fact that the list server indicates
there are too many recipients. It's as though the list is using the
headers with all of the recipients for delivery instead of what it
actually receives to process.

This is an older version 2.1.5 of mailman. Is there anything I can do to
remedy this?

Steve Campbell