[Mailman-Users] solaris10 sparc, check_perms messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Dec 12 04:33:35 CET 2010

upen wrote:

>This is my first attempt to install Mailman-2.1.14 on solaris10/sparc.
>HAving installed pythin-2.6.2 and gcc4 I then successfull did y
>configure, gmake, gmake install. However, when I run bin/check_perms I
>receive below messages.
>
>-bash-3.00# ./bin/check_perms
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./bin/check_perms", line 395, in <module>
>    checkmail()
>  File "./bin/check_perms", line 293, in checkmail
>    mode = statmode(wrapper)
>  File "./bin/check_perms", line 82, in statmode
>    return os.stat(path)[ST_MODE]
>OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman'

Presumably this is because the mail wrapper has some other name,
perhaps
/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman.exe, but why? Or is there no
/usr/local/mailman/mail/* mail wrapper at all?

>Can someone throw some light on this issue?

It may be a bug in check_perms. What options did you give to configure?
What is the name of the mail wrapper file in /usr/local/mailman/mail/?

>In addition, if there is
>any howto or install document on internet for Mailman on solaris 10
>then please let me know that too.

Try
<http://www.google.com/#q=site:mail.python.org+inurl%3Amailman+"solaris
10">