[Mailman-Users] Help, I keep getting notices from a nonexisting group via mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Feb 2 16:59:46 CET 2010

RhondaRR wrote:

>The following is the message I keep getting. When I go to unsubscribe, it says that it is nonexistant.  Can you help?  How do I stop receiving this message?

Not directly, but ...

>Mailing list membership??? However, I can't find a way to unsubscribe. Betterwaypress is no longer in existance.  Can you help?

Betterwaypress may no longer be in existence, but the
betterwaypress.com domain registration is still valid through
21-Dec-2010. It appears to be currently hosted at
lunarmania.com/lunarpages.com.

There is a mailman installation at the current
http://betterwaypress.com/mailman/listinfo and also at
there appears to be no
http://betterwaypress.com/mailman/listinfo/listserver2_betterwaypress.com
list.

There are a few possibilities.

betterwaypress.com could have been previously hosted elswhere and there
could still be a listserver2_betterwaypress.com list on that other
server. You need to look at the Received: headers in the password
reminder email you received and find out what server originated it.

The other possibility is the current Mailman installation at
http://betterwaypress.com/mailman/listinfo is broken and is still
sending reminders for the non-existent list.

Either way, you have to contact the operators of the server that is
sending you these notices and you can find that server in the
forward the entire notice to me as an attachment so it includes the
full headers, and I can tell you where it came from.

The following is the registrant of the BETTERWAYPRESS.COM domain

   Administrative Contact:
      Moran, Linda              stayathomegeek at gmail.com
      Betterway Press
      504 Darby Court