[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.13 + vhost patches on multiple hosts

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 3 16:49:26 CET 2010

Guy wrote:

>I've patched 2.1.13 source with
>http://www.msapiro.net/mm/2.1.13_vhost.patch,

The current patch is http://www.msapiro.net/mm/2.1.13-1_vhost.patch

See http://www.msapiro.net/mm/_README

> vhost_extra_patch.txt

This plus a fix for the 'invalid listname issue is incorporated in the
above 2.1.13-1_vhost.patch
.

>and a patch for qrunner-slicing. I'm trying to run mailman across
>multiple mail servers and web servers. /var/lib/mailman is on a shared
>ISCSI mount.
>Starting mailman on any given server creates:
>/var/lib/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid
>/var/lib/mailman/locks/master-qrunner
>/var/lib/mailman/locks/master-qrunner.<FQDN>.<numeric string>
>
>Looking at the code I can find where the master-qrunner file is
>created in mailmanctl, but I'm not sure where the
>master-qrunner.<FQDN>.<numeric string> comes from so I didn't want to
>try making changes without some idea what's defining those file names.
>
>Can anyone point me in the right direction for what I need to change
>for each server to create only one unique lockfile and unique pid
>file.

If you do that, you will only be able to run mailmanctl and qrunners on
one server. The master lock
/var/lib/mailman/locks/master-qrunner.<FQDN>.<numeric string> is
intended to prevent accidentally running more than one mailmanctl on
the same server.

If you have a problem with this, please give more detail.