[Mailman-Users] Problem with "Tend to pending moderator requests"

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 11 16:00:42 CET 2010

Bob Furber <bob at steroidmicros.com>
   Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:16:14 -0800
     To: mailman-users at python.org

>Administrator/Moderator:   aresst at aresst.org
>ISP:                       arvixe.com
>
>When I try to change the status of a pending email from "Defer" to
>"Accept" by checking "Accept" and then clicking "Submit All Data", I get
>a http error 404 "File not found"
[...]
>the aresst.org domain has had its CRECORD and A RECORD altered to
>redirect http://aresst.org and http://www.aresst.org to another website
>..without affecting emails (a_name at aresst.org). For instance, to access
>the CPanel, I must do so through http://alternate_domain.com/cpanel. I
>wonder if this is the root of the problem ..and, if I can do anything
>about it?

Yes, this is the root of the problem because the URL for the POST
action on the admindb form is the correct one.

The list is still configured in the aresst.org domain so all URLs
including POST actions will be of the form
http://aresst.org/mailman/... which doesn't work.

I may be wrong, but I suspect it is impossible with cPanel to make a
list that works with its email domain different from its web domain.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9>