[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Gmane ?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Jan 21 15:56:47 CET 2010

William Bagwell writes:
 > On Thursday 21 January 2010, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 > > The only control you have is to use Mailman filters on incoming posts.
 > > Until somebody tells us what headers Gmane provides to identify
 > > itself, we can only guess at what might work.

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific.  Unless the OP is willing
to try to get Mailman patched, it needs to be the envelope sender,
From, or Sender.  And since Gmane gets past moderation, it has to be
in one of those already.

One of the other headers could be used in theory, by using a spam
filter.  Unfortunately, that would requiring customizing the pipeline
since the member checks come after SpamFilter in the pipeline.