[Mailman-Users] Attachments are unexpectedly re-created.

Masaharu Kawada mkawada at redhat.com
Wed Mar 3 05:41:14 CET 2010

Mark-san,

Thank you very much for your respose.

>There are no retries per se. The list has a setting
>digest_size_threshhold (on its Digest options page). When a post
>arrives that makes the digest.mbox bigger than digest_size_threshhold,
>a digest is triggered immediately. In this case, the digest.mbox is
>bigger than digest_size_threshhold and the digest is never
>successfully produced so every post to the list tries to send a digest
>and causes the exception to be triggered again. Thus, all the other
>logged exceptions are the result of a post to the list triggering the
>digest process.
>
>If there were no posts to the list, the process would only run once a
>day.

So, it doesn't matter if the senddigest fais or not, there are no
retries. And,
senddigest via cron runs only once a day at noon. However, whenever
messages posted to the list, send_digest() will called based on the size of
digest_size_threshhold, and try to send digest mails. But in my customer's
case, every time message comes to the list, digest process(send_digest())
fails due to the bad message in the digest.mbox. This is the cause of the
error message in /var/log/mailman/error repeatly appear.  Is my
understanding
right?

Thanks!

--