[Mailman-Users] Member receives rejected message but message goesthrough

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 8 20:08:36 CET 2010

Hung Phan wrote:

>We have a moderated list with 325 members. The list is set to reject
>post from moderated members with a custom rejected message. A member
>is set to allow sending. Every time this person send message through
>the list, it kicks back a rejected message to the user but the message
>goes through. The reject message that the user receive is generic from
>Mailman.

Look in Mailman's vette log and find all the entries relevant to this
user's post. If after that, you still don't know what's happening,
post the vette log messages here,

>We double-check and the user doesn't have the mod option checked. The
>user is also enlisted in "List of non-member addresses whose postings
>should be automatically accepted."

If the user is a list member, moderated or not, putting the user's
address in any of *_these_nonmembers is irrelevant because those apply
only to addresses which aren't list members.

>Where can we find the file that keep the user mod setting? Has anyone
>experience this issue? Solution?

The file is lists/LISTNAME/config.pck. You can look at it with
bin/dumpdb, but I guarantee that you won't find anything there that
contradicts what the list's admin Membership List shows you. The mod
bit is the 2^7 (128) bit in the user's value in the user_options
dictionary.