[Mailman-Users] Changing host names, revisited... final steps...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun May 2 23:36:55 CEST 2010

Tanstaafl wrote:

>Is there any special order for making these changes, or just:
>
>1. Make the changes to mm_cfg.py per below
>
>2. Restart mailman
>
>3. Run $prefix/bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url to fix all existing lists
>
>4. Restart mailman
>
>5. Done...?

It probably isn't necessary to restart Mailman at all for these
changes. I would skip the step 2 restart and just to be safe, do the
one after fix_url. Or to be really safe, stop Mailman before step 1
and start Mailman at step 4

What about web server changes for the lists.example.com vs.
myhost.example.com change (there may not be any), and DNS for the
lists.example.com domain?

Note that if 'example.com' is a virtual domain in Postfix, you will need

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['example.com']

and in that case, I recommend step 0 stop Postfix, Step 3.5 Run
$prefix/bin/genaliases, step 4.5 start Postfix.