[Mailman-Users] bounces

kalin m kalin at el.net
Wed May 5 03:08:21 CEST 2010

so if it's not 5xx it's not a bad email?  i see dsn=4.0.0. that's not
enough?

i'm assuming it's retried by the mta. the settings in mailman clearly
state that it should be discarded right away...

bounce settings:

bounce_score_threshold = 1.0
bounce_info_stale_after = 10
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings = 0
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval = 0

not sure about the bounce_info_stale_after. the way i interpret this is
that the bounce information will be kept for about 10 days in case the
score rises. if i put this down to zero the score will start clean every
day. is that correct? or is this the reason for the repeated log entries
- lots of to=<vvv at zzzzzz.com> attempts...

here, from the maillog:
to=<vvv at zzzzzz.com>, delay=03:42:23, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp,
pri=785918, relay=zzzzzz.com., dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Name server:
zzzzzz.com.: host
 name lookup failure

thanks...