[Mailman-Users] URL changes

Lee, Davis H lee_d at aps.edu
Fri May 14 16:36:23 CEST 2010

New questions follow the string of asterisks(***********) below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Sapiro [mailto:mark at msapiro.net]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 11:19 AM
To: Lee, Davis H; mailman-users at python.org
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] URL changes

Lee, Davis H wrote:

>As a part of a migration from OS X to Ubuntu, our list addresses
changed
>from something like
>
>http://lists.example.pri/mailman/admindb/list_name
>
>to something like
>
>http://lists.example.pri/cgi-bin/mailman/admindb/list_name
>

>where the /cgi-bin/ is now listed.
>

>In two places these changes are not coming through, the signatures on
>the sent mail and the management links sent out to list moderators.

Only those two places? It should be everywhere

>Please provide tips on how to change these.

Make sure you have

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/cgi-bin/mailman/'

in mm_cfg.py. Then run fix_url. Also, make sure that msg_footer and
digest_footer contain text like

rather than a fixed URL

Thank you,

I have checked the entries you mentioned for DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN and the
msg & digest footer entries in several of the lists admin management
pages.  They all look good. I've also run fix_url again for each list.
And I rebooted the server.

We continue to have inconsistent results.  It seems that either some
posters or some lists are getting the correct addresses and other
aren't. I also have one particularly frustrating situation where one of
our moderated list's moderator cannot seem to send out his weekly
bulletin.  His messages indicate that the message is posted to the old
address (without /cgi-bin/), which does not exist anymore, but the
messages are not waiting to be approved at the new admindb pages. This
is after I unchecked him as a moderator and made sure that his box
remained unchecked. See immediately below: