[Mailman-Users] Traffic information for each list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Oct 10 15:58:32 CEST 2010

pub88 wrote:

>I have several list using mailman and I want to know.
>Size of archive

If you mean size as in disk space

du --summarize /path/to/archives/private/LISTNAME

and/or

ls -l /path/to/archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox

If you mean number of messages

grep "^From " /path/to/archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox \
  | wc -l

>Traffic (monthly) generated by the list (SMPTP I suppose)
>for each list

You can get this information from Mailman's 'smtp' log.

See the mmdsr script for an example of reporting from Mailman's logs.
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Emailman-coders/mailman/2.1/annotate/head%3A/contrib/mmdsr>