[Mailman-Users] Email address subscribed to many annoucement lists but only recieves one copy on an annoucement sent to multiple lists

Malcolm Austen malcolm.austen at weald.org.uk
Wed Aug 17 10:16:23 CEST 2011

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 04:39:48 +0100, Chase, Edward <ECHASE at providence.edu>
wrote:

> No, not Gmail.  My address is in-house Exchange and my test "student"
> account is Microsoft Live at edu which I would assume is a really, really
> big Exchange system.  So might this not be a GNU-Mailman behavior ?

Exchange has essentially the same issue as Gmail although I think I heard
that imminent/future versions may behave differently.

As far as I'm aware, the only difference is that Gmail attaches the
message-ID to the sent copy and so discards all incoming copies whereas
Exchange does not attach a message-ID to the sent copy and so you see the
first incoming copy, but not subsequent ones.

= Malcolm.