[Mailman-Users] setup options

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Aug 23 17:44:00 CEST 2011

Carl Cappelen wrote:

>First time using Mailman (ver. 2.1.14) as administrator.
>
>Trying to set up all options, what I am looking for, if possible is:
>When a subscriber receives a message, would like his reply to go back
>to the list sever and also to show (e-mail) address of the sender.
>This way most reply's go back to the list server, however if recipient
>wants to, he send a message to the directly originator of the message.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/44A9>.

Note that if you accept the "as shipped" defaults of anonymous_list =
No, first_strip_reply_to = No and reply_goes_to_list = Poster, the
recipient of a list post can 'reply' to the poster 'reply all' to the
poster and the list and 'reply list' (if offered by her MUA) to the
list only. Other settings make it more difficult to reply to the
poster only.