[Mailman-Users] attachment problem

Iacopo Torrini iacopo at dodici12.com
Tue Aug 30 11:34:40 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,

I am using mailman 2.1.10 and I think this is really a godsent
application, stable and reliable.

I am experiencing a problem though and I am not sure if it has to do
with the mail server or if it a mailman bug. I cannot remember exactly
when it started, so it is difficult to determine the cause.

In all the mailing lists I am running if somebody sends the mail with an
attachment, the mail disappears. It is not rejected nor bounced, it
seems like it went thru but nothing happens.

If I sent a mail w/attachment from a NOTregistered mail, I receive the
bounce message (both user and admin) and the mail is there, waiting for
approval with its attachment. Once I approve the mail/new user, the mail
disappears. It does not even leave track in the progressive numbering in
the subject. Desaparecido.

I tried to:
1) to disable the content filtering (yes, I always kept it disabled)
2) enable the filtering but erase all file extensions
3) set maximum mail size to 0
4) set maximum mail size to 50000 (attachment was 30K)

Still no luck...

Mails without attachments are just fine.

I would appreciate any advice!!!
thanks in advance//

iacopo