[Mailman-Users] Need Script to Apend to acceptable_aliases

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 13 02:08:44 CET 2011

Barry Finkel wrote:

>I have not looked at the Mailman source, so I am not sure what is
>failing.  Is it the case that the
>
>      accept_these_nonmembers
>
>is stored in a different internal format than
>
>      acceptable_aliases
>
>is?  This is a 2.1.14 package built from the SourceForge source.

Yes. accept_these_nonmembers is a Python list whose elements are
strings equal to email addresses or regexps matching email addresses.
accept_these_nonmembers is a single string consisting of zero or more
email addresses separated by newlines.

You could do a few different things in your config_list input. One such
would be

if mlist.acceptable_aliases:
    mlist.acceptable_aliases += '\ntestuser at example.com'
else: